Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Donna's Diary - December 2010

Guess who will be getting new wheelchairs soon? Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome residents Donna and Gerald, that’s who. Learn about that and more in Donna’s latest online diary entry below.

And for more of Donna’s diary entries, click here.


Well, this is the best Christmas I've ever had because I'm able to share it with friends and loved ones, some I haven't seen in a long time.

Since my last diary entry, on Thanksgiving we went to Zolo Southwestern Grill for a totally free Thanksgiving dinner, with lots of great food, drinks, and dessert. It was a wonderful time, and very generous of the man who owns the restaurant to provide us with such a good meal.

Gerald and I are getting new wheelchairs in January. We got evaluated and just received a letter in the mail saying the chairs will come in January. We were hoping they'd make nice Christmas presents but January is soon enough. At least I have a power chair to tide me over. Gerald has been temporarily using a manual chair, and in case you don't know, he is used to operating his power chair with a head switch so not having that chair has been a challenge for him. He deals with it well. That's my husband, he makes the best of things.

We have a decorated tree up in the house, and some of us will be celebrating Christmas here. Some of my housemates will be visiting their families. Me, Gerald, Mandy, and Chris plan to be here at the SmartHome though. It's nice the others will be with family, but I will miss them.

I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment