Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Donna's Diary - November

Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome resident Donna Fairchild has been writing an online diary about her experiences living in a technologically advanced home. She has seen a lot of visitors come by to check out the home. She has a surprising answer to the question of what piece of technology has impressed visitors most. Check out her diary below. To see more of her diary entries, click here.


And check out this pic of Donna as she painted pumpkins for Halloween. She's a pretty good pumpkin painter!


Well, my life has slowed down a bit in the past two months and that’s fine with me. Between moving into the SmartHome and getting married I got a little worn out. Don’t get me wrong, these were two of the best things that happened to me in my life, it’s just that now I can enjoy myself and not worry about how things are going to turn out. One of the other things that has been really good in my life is that Gerald is talking more than he used to. He keeps making more and more progress and that really tickles me.

The past few weeks I’ve been able to spend time with some old friends, especially my three housemates from the 18th Street PCA (the Station) and some of the staff from there too. Sometimes Christian (one of the staff from 18 th Street PCA) brings his beautiful baby girl to the SmartHome and it’s delightful to see her. You wouldn’t believe such a little kid would recognize someone but the other day she waved at me. It made me happy because you never know how kids are going to react to a person in a wheelchair.

It’s kind of funny when people visit the SmartHome, and with all the different technology that’s here the one thing they all sure are impressed with is the size of our TV. I guess it’s something that everyone can relate to. I’m getting to know my housemates better all the time, and even though we don’t agree on everything, we make it work out and I love being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment