Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Donna's Diary - February 2011

How did happy couple (and SmartHome residents) Donna and Gerald spend Valentine’s Day? Get the details, plus the haps on Gerald’s new job, by checking out Donna’s latest online diary entry below.

And check out all of Donna’s diary entries here:


The most important news in my life this month is that my husband Gerald is going to be starting a job at Twisted Pine Brewery. He is absolutely thrilled! He will be doing an inventory of sales along with having other responsibilities. When Gerald starts his job, it is going to be quite exciting for us to have a double Stopa paycheck since both of us will be working. We are already planning to put more money into savings.

The Twisted Pine Brewery is the same place that held a party for us right before we got married. They gave us money they raised at the party to help pay for our wedding and honeymoon. Gerald has enjoyed going there for a long time as a customer, and he’s really looking forward to working there. He already has his Twisted Pine Brewery shirt to wear while he’s working. I’ll keep you posted on how this turns out. After Gerald gets settled in with his job, I want to see my friend Jodi and have a beer with her at the Twisted Pine Brewery. I like supporting a business that is good to my friends, and they sure have been good to me and my friends.

So, earlier this month was Valentine’s Day, and we had quite a bit of fun. I had a couple friends I am well acquainted with stop by the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome and we had a wonderful time visiting. Also, Valentine’s Day was a good opportunity for me to reflect on how fortunate I am to have Gerald in my life. It’s been a great two years, going on three years, for us. We met when our friend Alex set up a blind date for me and Gerald. I was living at The Station (18th Street PCA) and Gerald was living at 19th Street Group Home. We hit if off good right off the bat and things just keep getting better and better.

I am definitely looking forward to spring arriving next month and bringing us some warmer weather. When it’s too cold, my left hip, which was replaced, hurts like crud. I am definitely a fan of warm weather and I function much better in it. I look forward to continuing to keep you updated on what’s going on in my life, and wish you a happy spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment