Friday, May 28, 2010

Donna's Diary - May

Interested in learning about how Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome residents Donna and Gerald spent their honeymoon? Then check out Donna’s latest online diary entry below.

And you can see all of Donna’s diary entries here.


Oh my gosh, we sure did lots of fun stuff on our honeymoon. JT Glover and Marie Handlin went with me and Gerald and I think we all had a wonderful time.

We left Friday morning (May 21) and drove straight to Dillon. The first thing we did was check into our room, at the Dam River Hotel. I know that name makes it soundlike I’m cussing, but I’m not. That’s the name of the hotel. They treated us great the entire time we were there. They even opened the doors for us EVERY time we came in and out. I was totally amazed. I’ve never had so many doors opened for me. I was one surprised individual, and Gerald was tickled to death.

After we checked into our room, we went to Dillon Lake to go fishing. Gerald and I brought along our new fishing poles but we didn’t catch anything, we just had a couple nibbles. It’s interesting how those fish can nibble the bait right off the hook and leave the hook bare. We had fun though.

Friday night we had dinner at the hotel restaurant and relaxed in the hotel room. Saturday we went shopping, I bought some clothes I needed, and Gerald bought a fanny pack and a pair of sunglasses.

Sunday, we had a free continental breakfast, cleaned up the hotel room, and headed back. It was a little windy so we took it easy and got back Sunday afternoon. I would have preferred to stay away longer but we needed to get back so I could go to work. It was a wonderful honeymoon, better than I thought it would be. Being in a place you don’t know, you wonder how it’s going to be with the people you meet. It was very pleasant, a great trip.

When we got back to the SmartHome, everyone came out to greet us and carry in our luggage. They were outside before I got off the van lift. Rae came up and gave me a big hug, and it made me feel great that my housemates were glad to have us back home. They even made presents for us, which was tie-die t-shirts. Mandy is having a birthday party on June 6th and we’re all wearing tie-die t-shirts because that’s what she’d like. It was nice to be gone, and it’s nice to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment