Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Donna's Diary - September 2011

You may be aware that SmartHome resident Donna has been keeping an online diary. Up to now, she has only been posting once per month. Now, she has started using speech to text technology that is allowing her to more easily keep her diary up to date. Below are her diary entries from September. Look for more soon!

Tuesday September 6
I wrote a short story about eight little girls and their boyfriends. They got married and all of them lived in a huge house. The women cleaned up the house for their husbands, and the girls went and got stuff for their husbands at the store. They all ended up having kids and that made for a big family for holidays and stuff. Today I went to music class at CORE and was singing “When I’m 64,” a Beatles song. I am about to go start playing computer games with the rest of my house mates and that's all for now.


Today is September 13
Today I was in music class and art class. I really enjoyed doing art class. And story class where I ran my own stories. I made some drawings and sketches. I played the symbols in music class and when I got home I'd played a computer game that we earned points for. Today I got an anniversary card from a friend wishing my husband (Gerald) and me good thoughts from here on out. Yesterday my husband and I ran out for dinner. My husband and I went to Applebee’s for dinner and he had a spicy chicken and I had steak and potatoes and it was good.

PS: In the computer game that we played I tried for first place with another housemate.


Today is September 15
I went to CORE and then I went to work at In Clover. At work I did a box of treats for dogs. I was very proud of the work we got done. We worked for a new provider for the dog treats we have never worked with before. It took the entire day. When we got finished we cleaned up after we had eaten lunch. We ate lunch in a different building and met some new friends and that was enjoyable. And after lunch we went back to work and did a little more and were ready to come home for the day. I'm looking forward to a great weekend with my house mates.


Today is September 19
This weekend I hung out with my husband and we had some visitors at the SmartHome. We had some church friends come over and we read a magazine and sat outside. My friends brought over some chocolate chip cookies and boy were they delicious and were freshly made. We just sat outside and enjoyed the weather and we loved it and they loved it too. I am so happy that the dictation is working very well. I’m reading my blog and it's working very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment