Thursday, July 28, 2011

Donna's Diary - July 2011

Back surgery didn’t keep Bob and Judy SmartHome resident Donna from completing her online diary this month! She’s a real trooper – and the support (and nice gifts) she got from some of her roommates sure helped keep her spirits up. Read all about it below – and be sure to wish Donna a speedy recovery!

Well, although the past couple years have been the best years of my life, right now life is a little bit painful. I’m just sitting here in my PJs after getting home from the hospital last night after having back surgery yesterday. I had a space between my vertebrae that’s not supposed to be there and they fixed it. I can’t believe they got me in and out of the hospital in one day.

When I got home last night, I didn’t expect anything but my sweet roommate Mandy have me a plant, and her mom gave me a box of chocolates. Of course my husband Gerald is giving me some extra special love and attention, which means a lot to me. Today before he left the house he gave me a big hug. I think this is harder for him than it is for me.

I’m going to lay back down in my cozy bed now because as you can imagine, I don’t feel very well. I’ll be OK though and will write more next month.
Check Donna’s previous online diary entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment