Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Donna's Diary - April 2011

Next month, Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome residents Gerald and Donna plan on visiting Sally Sue and Magoo. Who are they? Find out by checking out Donna’s latest online diary entry below.

And click here to see all of Donna’s diary entires.


What a relief. I got my power wheel chair back yesterday. It had been in the shop for repairs, and was fixed by PEAK Wheelchairs. My husband Gerald got a brand new power chair, and we are both excited to have more independence back in our lives.

Last week, we called Gerald’s mom, and we plan to visit them in the next month. We’ll go see mom, dad, and the two dogs, Sally Sue and Magoo. The dogs are both beagles.

On Easter I went to church and then came back home in time to hide Easter eggs. My housemate Rebecca, one of our staff (Caitlin), Gerald, and I colored the eggs together

I’m still working at In Clover putting dog treats in bags on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. On Mondays and Tuesdays I have art and music classes. Both my job and the classes are through Imagine!’s CORE/Labor Source department and I’m happy with my schedule.

Gerald is still working on learning his numbers. He works seven days a week to improve his number recognition. He’s working extra hard because he knows that once he learns his numbers he has a job waiting for him at Twisted Pine Brewery. Speaking of Twisted Pine Brewery, Gerald and I went there last Sunday. There was a fundraiser for the Autism Society of Boulder County so some of what we spent went to a good cause.

As for what’s coming up, in June we’re planning to go to the Millennium Hotel for the Friday Afternoon Club on the 17th. Imagine! will have a booth there, and kids are invited to come to the booth and paint and draw. Gerald and I think we’re going to take the year off from painting during the event and just enjoy the music and socializing. It’s a fun time though, and I hope some of you will join us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment