Friday, January 28, 2011

Donna's Diary - January 2011

How did the folks living in the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome celebrate New year’s Eve? Find out in Donna’s latest online diary entry below.

And for more of Donna’s diary entries, click here.


I had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you did too. I got lots of presents from Gerald, of course. Mainly clothes, and I love ‘em. He got me some suits, sweaters, and pants, and they are all very nice. I also bought myself two pair of shoes, not everything has to be a present. I got Gerald some cologne that I like the smell of, and he thought it was a good idea for me to get him cologne that I enjoy. On Christmas, Gerald, Mandy, and I were home. With Gerald being my husband and Mandy being so easy to get along with, it was my second great Christmas at the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome.

We had a lot of activities going on at that time. And boy, am I glad I go to the church I go to. It’s the Church of Latter Day Saints in Boulder. Not only is it a good church with nice people, but I kid you not, I got a LOT of presents from them too. I was quite surprised, as I was not expecting any presents from anyone at church. You know how it’s really neat when you’re not expecting anything and you get it. Two people from my church come by to visit me now and then, and it means a lot to me that they would take the time to do that.

We had people over on New Year’s Eve. Some of the residents and staff from 19th Street Group Home and from Linden PCA came by. Also, my good friends Linda and Christian from The Station, where I used to live before coming here, came over. I always like seeing Linda, we’ve been friends for years. Christian is JT’s brother (JT lives with us here at the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome). They really have a good time together, they are like little kids, playing, laughing, and having fun. Now that Christian’s got a daughter, I don’t think he has much time to play with JT though, he spends time with his daughter, which is good.

I stayed up until after midnight on New Year’s Eve playing games on the computer in Gerald’s room. Finally, around 2:00 am I shut it off and went to sleep, but I was still up and at ‘em by 7:00 am. Well, thanks for keeping up with what’s going on in my life, and I hope you have a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment