Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Donna's Diary - October 2010

How did the residents of the Charles SmartHome in Boulder celebrate Halloween? Check out Donna’s latest online diary entry below to find out.

And see all of Donna's diary entries here.



The life of Mrs. Stopa (me) has been a very busy one. We’ve had plenty of activities to go to, and when we’re not on the go, we’ve enjoyed some fun times at the SmartHome watching DVDs and enjoying each others’ company. Little House on the Prairie was one of the movies we watched.

We’ve got the front door of the house decorated with Halloween stickers. My friend Chloe, who I met when she wanted to volunteer for Imagine! two years ago, helped me put some stickers on the door.

I really appreciate and enjoy my time with Chloe. When we get together, we often play cards (Go Fish, War, and Uno), and we sometimes play the game Sorry. We have two editions, the regular one and the Disney one.

My job at In Clover is going well. On Wednesday, we packed 144 bags of dog treats, which is a very productive day. I love my job there, the owners are really nice.

I still enjoy the SmartHome a lot, and I do mean a lot. That’s because some of my best friends live here. I remember when we had our first meeting when we got together to talk about the SmartHome. At the time, I didn’t realize that some of my longtime friends would be living here, like Mandy. What a bonus.

We have plenty of Halloween activities planned. Today, Friday, we are having a Halloween party at the CORE/Labor Source office in Boulder, and we are planning to go to Foothills Group Home in north Boulder Sunday afternoon to hang out with our friends there. Then we will come back home to hand out treats to the neighborhood kids, then go out trick or treating ourselves. I called the Chamber of Commerce and found out that little kids will be trick or treating from 5 o’clock until 6 o’clock, and then the bigger kids and adults will be going out from 7 until 8 o’clock. It sure looks like it will be another exciting day at the SmartHome.

Happy Halloween to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment