Monday, August 2, 2010

Donna's Diary July 2010

Have you seen Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome resident Donna's latest online diary entry? If not, check it out below to find out which SmartHome resident is “the queen of coffee bean stirrers.” And see all of her diary entires here.



On the 4th of July, we partied over at the 19th Street Group Home. Some of the clients and staff from there are friends of mine, and it was a great time going over there. Some of the clients from the old Iris House (before it became the SmartHome)came too. We had a barbecue and watched fireworks from the back yard.

Some people sure do go wild over the 4th of July. I remember one year I was over by the St. Vrain River waiting for the fireworks and heard a loud noise from behind us. It happened to be eight teenagers packed into a Camero, and they drove right into the river and had to be towed out. Now I’m all for a good time, but that seems a bit much to me.

I had a wonderful time at the Millennium FAC last Friday night. It was cool. I liked being out with Gerald and all of my housemates. Having so many kids come by to paint and draw with us was a lot of fun. I love the teachers from my art class, Aliza and Chris. They are always cooking up something neat for us to do, and they always take time to sit and talk with you to see how you’re doing.

We have been roasting coffee beans over at the SmartHome too. It’s a fun project, and we roast the beans in a popcorn popper. As a matter of fact, we are roasting coffee beans right now but I took a few minutes off to do my monthly diary entry. My housemate Rebecca is the queen of coffee bean stirrers. She stirs the beans to cool them off, she is really good at it, and seems to love it.

Well, that’s all for now. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment