Friday, July 2, 2010

Donna's Diary - June

Have you seen Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome resident Donna's latest online diary entry? If not, check it out below to find out how the Boulder residents celebrated their roomate Mandy's birthday - fun stuff!

And see all of Donna's diary entries here.

Photo courtesy of Ann Boettcher from Annieb’ Photography

I just got back from Target where I was buying some new clothes. I used my personal needs money for shopping. I like to put the money I earn from my job in the bank. I have direct deposit which helps me to save money, and that way it’s there when I need it.

A couple weeks ago we had a big birthday barbecue party for Mandy. A lot of us wore homemade tie dye t-shirts because we knew that would make Mandy happy. She is a sweetheart and we are both happy to be housemates.

Since Gerald and I got back from our honeymoon, we’ve been hanging around the house a lot since we spent a lot of money. It’s a good trade off though, and it was worth it. Today Gerald and I took a stroll around the neighborhood near the iris gardens. Even though it’s hot, I love the summer time and the heat. I do better in the heat than I do in the cold. Some people are polar bears and like the winter, but I’m one of those who likes to “hibernate” in the winter. In the summer I’m out all over the place enjoying the warmth.

Gerald just got his motorized chair back and boy is he glad. It had been in the shop for two weeks for repairs. He missed his independence and is really happy to have it back. He’s the same way I am when my chair breaks down. Things are great though, and now I’m going outside to enjoy some of that summer warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment