Imagine!’s Dream Rocket quilt, created by artists in Imagine!'s CORE/Labor Source art classes (including people living in Imagine!’s SmartHomes), has been on the move again, having been displayed at the Sump Memorial Library Show in Papillion, Nebraska. 28 pieces of art were chosen for the show, which ran from June 1 – July 31.
Pictured with Imagine!’s Dream Rocket Quilt below are SmartHome residents Rebecca and Gerald.
Below is a list of other locations that the quilt has been on display since it was completed in December, 2009.
• Great Explorations Children’s Museum Exhibit in St. Petersburg, Florida, from May 1- August 1, 2010
• Warren County Public Library in Bowling Green, Kentucky, from August 1 - October 1, 2010
• Randolph School Exhibit in Huntsville, Alabama, from November 1, 2010 - January 1, 2011
• Tallahassee Museum Show in Tallahassee, Florida from February 1 – April 3, 2011
• Atlanta-Fulton Public Library in Atlanta, Georgia from August 1 - September 30, 2011
• 2012 National Art Education Association Conference, at the Hilton Hotel, New York City from March 1 – 4, 2012
Jennifer Marsh, the Director of the International Fiber Collaborative, wrote that as of July, 2012, there have been 1,018 pieces of art sent to the Dream Rocket Project, with art sent in from 515 cities, 49 states, and 12 countries. The monumental project is scheduled to wrap a 37-story Saturn V Moon Rocket at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama, with one of the world’s largest quilts, in May, 2014. Learn more about Imagine!’s Dream Rocket quilt by visiting the Dream Rocket Project’s website.
Thank You Thursday!
2 hours ago